Due to the current situation our policies have been changed
- After entering the building, ensure you use hand sanitiser that is readily available for you to use. We would appreciate it if guests arrive wearing appropriate face coverings, or follow the 2 metre social distance rule, and ask during your stay that you follow our example of hand washing thoroughly every hour, catching coughs or sneezes in a tissue and by reducing handshakes and other physical contact.
- We will greet you at the door abiding by the 2 metre social distancing rule. Unfortunately we are unable to show you to your room, unless absolutely necessary. Keys will be left in the door and these have been cleaned and sanitised.
- We will only be allowing one set of guests in at a time due to the 2 metre social distancing rule.
- We have an extra cleaning regime and would ask all guests to be patient whilst we put this into practice. All high touch areas in the hallway and landing will be cleaned and sanitised frequently, i.e. light switches, door knobs, hand rails etc.
- If you are staying more than one night, housekeeping will not take place to keep the risk of contamination to a minimum. If you require anything we are more than happy to provide you, for example tea, coffee milk etc. If possible either text, Whats App, or phone 07734967697 with your requirements and these will be left outside your room.
- You will find rooms have been cleared of all soft furnishings and reading material, hand sanitiser has also been provided, if you require any information you can read our on-line guidebook
- We ask all guests to pre-order breakfast the night before, preferably via text, Whats App or phone on 07734967697, or email email@example.com, if this is not possible we will provide a breakfast menu.
- Breakfast will be served in the dining room at staggered times during 8-9am, and with the 2 metre rule in place, unfortunately we are unable to offer a buffet service, but if you require fruit, yogurts, cereal etc. we are happy to bring this to you. There is a maximum time allowed in the dining room of one hour, the dining room will be closed from 10am to allow for thorough cleaning . Staff will be wearing protective face coverings and an apron.
- On departure, if possible, could you remove the bedding along with the towels and place in the corner of the room. Open the windows to allow fresh air in to the room.
- Rooms will be cleaned using the relevant cleaning products and then disinfected.
- Please do NOT travel if you suspect you have symptoms of Covid-19, (a continuous cough, high temperature, or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
- If a guest presents themselves with symptoms of COVID-19 or is asymptomatic but declares the need to self-isolate, they should be advised to check out and return home according to current government guidance and seek a test. If the guest shows acute symptoms has breathing difficulties or their life is at potential risk, seek medical help immediately. We would then have to close Dell-Mar Guesthouse for 14 days. At the same time if we are contacted by Track and T race and informed that a guest who stayed with us has subsequently been found to have Covid-19, we would again have to close for 14 days. If you think you need to cancel because you have (or have been in contact with) Covid-19, these cancellations would not carry a charge. We regret that you will not be able to self-isolate at Dell-Mar Guesthouse.
- If you have any further questions on our policies and procedures, please do not hesitate to contact us. For more information on Coronavirus, visit the Scottish Government’s help page here.